Manchester United defeated Crystal Palace 2-1 on Saturday, increasing their hopes of finishing in the top four of the Premier League. Even though the transfer market has closed, several reports about the club have emerged. Express Sport has the newest news, including Mason Greenwood, Harry Maguire, and Sir Jim Ratcliffe.
Greenwood’s stance is decided by the players.
According to The Sun, United players believe Greenwood should not be brought back at this time.
The allegations against the England international were recently dismissed, therefore he is now technically free to play football again.
However, with United firing on all cylinders without the 21-year-old, teammates believe any comeback would be a distraction.
“The players are open to him returning to the club, but the attention might be immensely distracting,” a source said.
“The dressing room is the happiest it’s been in ages, and no one wants to upset the apple cart.”
Ten Hag discussions are held by Maguire.
According to the Sun, Erik ten Hag spoke with Harry Maguire behind closed doors after the defender missed out on a move to Inter Milan last month.
United prevented their captain from jumping ship to the San Siro in order to capture all four trophies on offer.
Ten Hag has reportedly told Maguire that he expects him to play in the second half of the season, and the 29-year-old will receive his chances.
The England international is currently ranked behind players like Lisandro Martinez and Raphael Varane in the pecking order.
However, United remain confident that Maguire can be a significant component as they aim to end the season strongly.
Ratcliffe is the frontrunner for the takeover.
Sir Jim Ratcliffe is said to be the leader in a United takeover.
According to the Daily Mail, the INEOS CEO is likely to make a formal bid to buy the club next week.
After failing to purchase Chelsea last season, the British tycoon has already revealed his interest in United.
However, the Glazers are unlikely to acquire the money they want to ultimately get rid of the Red Devils.
A buyout might be completed for less than £4 billion, rather than the £6 billion to £8 billion sought by the Americans.
United could challenge Casemiro’s red card.
Ten Hag has conceded that Casemiro ‘stepped the line’ by choking Will Hughes in Manchester United’s 2-1 win against Palace on Saturday.
However, the Dutchman has indicated that the Red Devils will appeal the dismissal of the Brazil international, saying: “First and foremost, we must deal with it, which we will do, but it is not right.
“This should never have happened. And last week, VAR did nothing about the tackle (on Christian Eriksen by Andy Carroll), but this was avoidable, and since there have to be consequences for this occurrence, and they are inconsistent, that is not right, and it is not fair towards us.
“We need to consider [appealing]. To be fair, we’ve seen Casemiro cross the line while you’re freezing (the frame). However, many more players were stepping over the line there.
“We’ve also received some cautions about our team’s reaction, and I believe you have to do it, you have to protect each other, but we want to keep our standards and values at Man United high.”
Casemiro’should is detained.’
However, controversial analyst Gabriel Agbonlahor believes Casemiro should be arrested for the incident against Palace.
“Casemiro thought he was Brock Lesnar back in the UFC,” he told TalkSport.
“He should be arrested for strangling Will Hughes in that manner. Later on, kids will be watching Match of the Day. “Watching Casemiro strangle an opponent.”
Agbonlahor has recently come under fire for his remarks, with many defending Casemiro’s conduct.