The 100 nominees for the Golden Boy 2022 award have been announced, and they include Liverpool and Manchester United players.
The title was given to Barcelona star Pedri last year, and now a list of 100 players will compete to be dubbed the Golden Boy of 2022. Previous winners of the award include Lionel Messi, Erling Haaland, Kylian Mbappe, and Wayne Rooney, and it is given to Europe’s greatest youth aged 21 or under in the calendar year.
According to the Mirror, eight Premier League players made the cut this year, including two apiece from Manchester United and Liverpool. Harvey Elliot, Fabio Carvalho, Anthony Elanga, and Amad Diallo have all been nominated, but no Arsenal or Chelsea players have been named.
Wolves have two players on the shortlist: Fabio Silva and Ki-Jana However, a former Liverpool defender. Yan Couto, a Manchester City prospect who has yet to appear for the Premier League club, has also made the cut.
The remaining Premier League representatives are Tottenham’s Pape Matar Sarr, Brighton’s Kacper Kozlowski, and Joe Gelhardt (Leeds).
European standouts include Eduardo Camavinga, Jude Bellingham, and Jamal Musiala.
Despite Chelsea’s illustrious reputation, none of its young players have been included in the list.
The whole list can be seen at TuttoSport.
1. Karim-David ADEYEMI, RED BULL SALZBURG
2. Jude Victor William BELLINGHAM, BORUSSIA DORTMUND,
3. Eduardo Celmi CAMAVINGA, REAL MADRID,
4. Charles DE KETELAERE, CLUB BRUGGE,
5. Pablo Martín Páez Gavira GAVI, BARCELONA
6. Mason Will John GREENWOOD, MANCHESTER UNITED
7. Jurriën David Norman TIMBER, AJAX
8. Florian WIRTZ, BAYER LEVERKUSEN
9. Amad Traoré DIALLO, MANCHESTER UNITED
10. Malik Leon TILLMAN, BAYERN