Not Man United – Joao Felix addresses future amid Manchester United links after Atletico confirm he’s set to leave
Manchester United have been linked with a January transfer window move for Joao Felix.
Joao Felix insists he is completely focused on Portugal’s World Cup campaign, despite speculations connecting him to a move to Manchester United next year.
After a severing of ties with manager Diego Simeone, the 23-year-old could depart Atletico Madrid in January.
Atletico invested €126 million on the Portuguese attacker three years ago and would like to reclaim as much as possible if Felix is sold next year.
United has been linked with a move due to the high price tag, but Felix claims he is focused on the World Cup rather than debating his future.
“”My entire concentration is on the World Cup,” he told reporters on Tuesday. “My agency doesn’t want to tell me anything about what’s going to happen.” I need to concentrate on the present in order to have a successful tournament “.
Felix did, however, attempt to imply that if the opportunity arose, he would be happier away from Atletico. “The method of playing with Portugal and then at the club is different,” he remarked. Things go better when the conditions are favorable.”
Atletico CEO Gil Marin said earlier this week that it might be in the player’s best interests to leave the club next year.
“He is the club’s largest wager in its history. Personally, I believe he is a high talent and a world-class player “He informed TVE. “For reasons that aren’t worth going into – the connection between him and the boss, the minutes played, his motivation right now – it makes you think that the reasonable thing to do is to look at any alternative that is good for the player and the club. Personally, I’d like him to stay, but I don’t believe that is the player’s intention.”