Man United NewsTransfers

New Bid Revealed – Man Utd target Antony ‘agrees five-year deal’ as house hunt begins after new development

Manchester United is closing in on the acquisition of Ajax winger Antony, who has agreed to terms on a five-year contract. The Dutch Eredivisie champions hope to receive a massive bid from Manchester United on Thursday in order to secure Erik ten Hag’s top attacking target.

 

According to Telegraaf, United will make a proposal for Antony worth £76 million, with the possibility of increasing it to £80 million, on Thursday. The 22-year-old is doing everything he can to put pressure on Ajax to sell and has now officially thrown in a transfer request after skipping their game last weekend.

 

According to the story, Antony’s representatives are already looking for a home in Manchester in preparation for his arrival. He has told Ajax executives Gerry Hamstra and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar that he would be devastated if he was denied the opportunity to reconnect with Ten Hag this summer.

 

He is said to have signed personal terms with United on a contract extension until 2027, and all that remains is for the 20-time English champions to agree on a transfer fee. With their current offer exceeding the first, which was turned down earlier this month, there will be hope that Brazil international’s attempt to force a move could assist cement a deal.

 

Antony has been Ten Hag’s top attacking target during his first summer as United manager, having sparked a good friendship at Ajax in recent years. The lively winger scored 22 goals and had 20 assists in 79 appearances for the Dutch coach and will be eager to rekindle their connection.

 

According to The Athletic, Antony’s representatives have remained in London to complete the deal, indicating that the tale has reached its conclusion. As a result, United’s rumored interest in PSV Eindhoven forward Cody Gakpo has cooled as they concentrate on signing his Eredivisie opponent.

 

If Ajax accepts their second offer, the Red Devils might seal the signing of Antony this week. He would be Ten Hag’s fifth signing this summer, joining Tyrell Malacia, Christian Eriksen, Lisandro Martinez, and Casemiro at Old Trafford. However, United is now lacking in attack, with only four seasoned first-team forwards available to the Dutchman.

 

Cristiano Ronaldo’s future remains uncertain, perhaps leaving Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, and Jadon Sancho as choices who have played at least one full senior season. Although Anthony Elanga and Alejandro Garnacho are both first-team players, Antony will bring both promise and elite talent to his former boss’ squad.

Related Articles

Back to top button