Manchester United has reached a decision on the future of Mason Greenwood amidst interest from Barcelona and Real Madrid, following his outstanding performances with Getafe.
Mason Greenwood, on loan from Manchester United to La Liga’s Getafe, has been in stellar form, contributing five goals and four assists in 15 appearances since joining in the summer.
Despite his impressive run with Getafe, Manchester United is unlikely to recall the English international next summer, as reported by talkSPORT.
- Successful Loan Spell: Mason Greenwood’s loan spell at Getafe has been highly successful, raising interest from clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid.
- Potential Permanent Move: Getafe is eager to secure Greenwood on a permanent basis for the 2024/25 season, while La Liga giants Barcelona and Real Madrid, along with Atletico Madrid, have expressed interest.
- Barcelona’s Monitoring: Barcelona has been actively monitoring Greenwood’s performances, even sending scouts to observe him in action earlier this season.
- Financial Implications: Manchester United faces financial considerations, as per a sell-on clause in the loan deal. If Getafe opts for a permanent purchase, they only need to pay 80% of the agreed price. Alternatively, if Greenwood is sold elsewhere, Getafe receives 20% of the transfer fee.
- Upcoming Schedule: Greenwood, at 22 years old, will enjoy a Christmas break as La Liga is temporarily paused, with his next appearance scheduled for January 2 against Rayo Vallecano.
With Manchester United’s decision not to recall Greenwood, the player’s future remains uncertain, with potential permanent moves to Getafe or interest from other La Liga giants.