Man United NewsTransfers

Deal Close – Man Utd to go ‘all guns blazing’ as Frenkie de Jong and two other late transfers active

According to sources, Manchester United will go all guns blazing in the final weeks of the transfer season, with their pursuit of Frenkie de Jong still alive. On Friday, the Red Devils announced a deal for Real Madrid superstar Casemiro. However, the Red Devils intend to spend money in order to climb the Premier League rankings.

 

Manchester United confirmed their agreement to sign Casemiro on Friday, with the Real Madrid player ready to join the club in a £60 million deal.

 

Many believe the club’s pursuit of De Jong has ended as a result, despite the fact that the 25-year-old was previously their top target.

 

However, according to The Mirror, United is still interested in signing the Dutch international, although knowing it will be tougher said than done.

 

United have agreed on a deal with Barcelona for De Jong that is thought to be in the region of £72 million total, making him one of their most expensive signings of all time.

 

And they’re not going down without a fight when it comes to landing the player.

 

Erik ten Hag has quietly warned the Glazers that more reinforcements are needed if the club is to significantly develop under his leadership.

 

United have lost their first two Premier League games, to Brighton and Brentford.

 

According to a source, “United are going into the closing days of the transfer window with all guns blazing.”

 

De Jong’s advisers are also betting on Barcelona ‘blinking first’ in their efforts to get rid of the Dutch international, who is no longer an untouchable figure in Xavi’s midfield.

 

So there’s still a chance the former Ajax player will be reunited with Ten Hag, who previously managed him in Amsterdam.

 

According to the article, United is also hoping to sign Cody Gakpo and Antony in deals worth over £300 million.

 

The Red Devils have never spent that much in a single window, with the Glazers preferring a net spend of around £150 million.

 

Ajax has already turned down a bid for Antony, with the 23-year-old refusing to train with his teammates on Friday after learning of the offer.

 

Ajax has already lost Lisandro Martinez to the Red Devils and will be desperate to prevent losing another vital player.

 

However, United are anticipated to ultimately break their resolve, with the source stating that they are preparing to leave before the deadline in Amsterdam.

 

Gakpo, who has 12 goals and 12 assists for PSV Eindhoven last season, is also being pursued.

 

His club values him at £35 million, and he is said to be desperate to play in the Premier League.

 

United will reportedly ‘intensify’ their efforts to sign the 23-year-old once PSV’s Champions League fate is determined, with the Dutch club set to face Rangers on Wednesday night.

 

Ten Hag is also supposed to be anxious about his feud with Cristiano Ronaldo.

 

While they’ve publicly stated that the 37-year-old would not be allowed to leave, the fact that they’re looking for two new forwards shows they’re open to a possible deal.

 

In response to United’s pursuit of Casemiro, former Liverpool player Didi Hamann has stated that the Brazilian international ‘is not the answer for the Red Devils.

 

“Casemiro is a wonderful player – you only have to look at what he has won at Madrid,” he told The Mirror.

 

“But is he heading to United to win the league?” We’re just two games into the season, and it’s clear that United will not be in contention for the crown.

 

“They are years behind Liverpool and Manchester City, and they are also losing distance to Chelsea, Tottenham, and Arsenal.”

 

“Signing Casemiro is a little step forward, but he isn’t the solution.”

 

“It will take years and years of backing Erik ten Hag in the transfer market before United can compete for major trophies again.”

 

“But that’s been clear since [Sir Alex] Ferguson retired – and look at how many managers they’ve fired in the process.”

Related Articles

Back to top button