Mason Greenwood, a Manchester United footballer, was arrested on suspicion of raping a woman and released on bail.
On Sunday, the 20-year-old was also detained on suspicion of assault after claims surfaced on social media.
On Tuesday, he was detained again on accusations of sexual assault and making death threats.
Manchester United had already stated that the forward would be unable to practise or play until further notice.
Greenwood was detained after Greater Manchester Police “became aware of online social media photographs and videos made by a lady reporting incidents of physical assault,” according to the police.
According to the report, magistrates had granted a second extension to keep him in detention until Wednesday, but he had since been released on bail pending additional investigations.
Following the striker’s arrest, EA Sports announced that Greenwood would be deleted from all FIFA products.
He was removed out of active squads in FIFA 22 and banned from appearing in FIFA Ultimate Team packs and Ultimate Draft, according to the report.
Nike had previously stated that their partnership with the footballer had been terminated.
“The unsettling claims profoundly concern us, and we will continue to closely monitor the situation,” a spokesman said.
Greenwood, who debuted for Manchester United in March 2019, signed a four-year contract in February of last year after progressing through the youth levels.
The club said on Sunday that it “did not condone violence of any sort” and that it had been informed of the charges, but that it would not comment further until the “facts had been proven.”
The club “reiterates its strong disapproval of violence of any type,” according to a statement released on Tuesday.