Man United News

First pictures as Mason Greenwood released from prison after judge grants bail – SEE PHOTOS

Mason Greenwood returns home after spending four nights behind bars, having been granted bail by a Crown Court judge following a private hearing.

The 21-year-old was pictured leaving HMP Berwyn, with his father and security guards, after initially being detained by a district judge on Monday. He was arrested again on Saturday near Trafford.

But after a private hearing this morning, another judge, John Potter, granted Greenwood, who was not present in court, bail on condition that he is not allowed to contact witnesses, including the complainant, and that he must reside in Bowdon, near Altrincham in Greater Manchester.

  • He is due to appear at Manchester Crown Court on 21 November.
  • The former England international faces three charges:
  • Attempted rape of a woman on 22 October 2021.
  • Engaging in controlling and coercive behaviour between 1 November 2018 and 15 October 2022.
  • Assaulting a person causing actual bodily harm between 12 December 2021 and 31 December 2021.

Janet Potter, the assistant crown prosecutor for CPS North West, said on Saturday that “all three charges relate to the same complainant”.

She added: “The Crown Prosecution Service reminds all concerned that the criminal proceedings against the accused are active and that he is entitled to a fair trial. It is extremely important that you do not report, comment or share information online that could prejudice these proceedings in any way.”

Greenwood remains suspended by United “pending the outcome of the legal proceedings”. The club has previously said that his salary, in the region of £75,000 a week, is being paid in full during his suspension. His last appearance was in a Premier League win over West Ham United on 22 January.

Related Articles

Back to top button
%d bloggers like this: